Gola, Gula of Sierra Leone
What are their needs?
Few Christian resources are available to them at this time. Missions agencies have begun focusing on the Gola, but very little progress has been made. Very few of the Gola have accepted Jesus as their Savior.
Discipleship training is desperately needed for the small number of Gola believers. Bible teachings via Christian radio and television broadcasts, additional long-term missionaries, and evangelistic materials are needed to effectively reach this group with the message of salvation. Above all, intercessors are needed to faithfully stand in the gap for the Gola, tearing down the strongholds that are keeping them in spiritual bondage. Only then will their hearts be prepared to receive the Gospel as it is presented to them.
* Ask the Holy Spirit to anoint the efforts of missions agencies that are currently focusing on the Gola.
* Pray that African believers will be compelled to take the Gospel to their unreached neighbors.
* Ask the Lord Jesus to begin revealing Himself to the Gola through dreams and visions.
* Pray that God will save key Gola leaders who will boldly declare the Gospel among their own people.
* Ask the Lord to create a hunger within the hearts of the Gola to know God in a personal way.
* Pray that God will call forth intercessors who will faithfully stand in the gap for these precious people.
* Pray that local churches will be planted among the Gola of Liberia and Sierra Leone.
* Pray for completion of Bible translation in this people group’s primary language.
Information from The Joshua Project