Growth Groups are not meeting this week. Please use this for personal or family growth.
1. What was the worst moment of your year and the best moment of your year?
2. What one thing do you think the Lord wants you to really think about this week from last Sunday’s message?
3. What are you looking to accomplish in the new year as a believer in Christ? What are some things you can do to get out of your box and serve the Lord on a new level?
4. Pastor Trey spoke of us having a wall between us and God when we can’t give up our sin. What sin are you holding onto? Read 1 John 1 and confess the sin that you have been holding onto for too long and pray that the wall is removed.
5. Read Psalm 1 – remember that blessed means happy. The blessed man doesn’t base his happiness on circumstances but on the rock solid truth of God’s word. What circumstances in your life has caused you to lose hope? Resolve to live differently this new year.
6. Read 1 John 2 – Notice how Jesus is our advocate. What sins are you ashamed of? Confess them right now to the Lord and know that Jesus has paid for those sins.
Taking It Home
7. Start searching for reading plans for the new year. Reading the Bible on a daily basis is essential for your soul. Go to our blog at heartcrychurch.com. There you will see a list of reading plans to choose from. Pick one and stick to it.
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
3 For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah
5 I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
6 Therefore let everyone who is godly
offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
they shall not reach him.
7 You are a hiding place for me;
you preserve me from trouble;
you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
9 Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding,
which must be curbed with bit and bridle,
or it will not stay near you.
10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked,
but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.
11 Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous,
and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!