Growth groups are taking a break for 3 weeks. We will start up again on November 8th. Please use this growth guide for personal or family devotions.
1. How would you summarize Pastor Billy’s sermon to a friend? What one principle stood out most to you?
2. How are you leading your children when it comes to prayer? Read Luke 18:1-8; Philippians 4 – how can you lead better after reading these passages?
3. Pastor Billy mentioned that we are in a war. We must be killing sin or sin will be killing us. Read 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 – what guardrails do you need to put in your life to keep you from sin?
4. We are prone to compromise and water down the need to follow Christ because we are infatuated with certain idols in our lives. We love to justify them. In Luke 18:18-30, Jesus interacts with a man that seems to have it all together… Except he loves riches. It’s the only thing that he isn’t willing to give up for Jesus.
What one thing is standing in the way of you wholeheartedly following Jesus? They don’t have to be “bad” things but they become bad when you let it get ahead of God. Is family more important than obedience to God? How about money? Possessions? Status? Sports?
Identify your idol. Repent. Turn to God and praise Him that He is better.
5. How can you serve the community this Thanksgiving? Will you donate turkeys to help out the Queen Creek Resource Center? How about helping Rio Vista Center on Nov. 21st to minister to thousands of people in Phoenix?
 And when it was day, he departed and went into a desolate place. And the people sought him and came to him, and would have kept him from leaving them,  but he said to them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.”  And he was preaching in the synagogues of Judea.