Growth groups are taking a break for 3 weeks. We will start up again on November 8th. Please use this growth guide for personal or family devotions.
1. How would you summarize Pastor Billy’s sermon to a friend? What one principle stood out most to you?
2. Matthew 5:14-16 is towards the beginning of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. Read Matthew 5 – how can applying this chapter make our light shine more? What is the hardest principle to apply in your life?
Matthew 5:23-24 talks about reconciling with your brother. You can’t be right with God and be wrong with a brother. Who is God telling you to forgive today?
3. Read Matthew 6 – Jesus continues to share about the characteristics of a citizen of the Kingdom of God. How can applying this chapter make our light shine more? What is the hardest principle to apply in your life?
Try praying through each element of the Lord’s prayer for 5 minutes each. For example, “Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your Name.” Spend 5 minutes thanking God that He is your Father and that His name is above all names.
4. Read Matthew 7 – citizens of the Kingdom of God are marked by: their lack of self-righteous condemnation, their fervent prayer,
their fruit and their solid foundation.
How can applying this chapter make our light shine more? What is the hardest principle to apply in your life?
5. Shining takes a lot of intentionality. We can easily ignore the needs around us while thinking we are doing a good job. Spend some time in prayer asking God to reveal who you need to shine your light to. Start praying for them and come up with action plans on how you can actively shine the light of Christ to them this week.
 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.